Information for Property Owners and Managers:
Educational Resources on:
- Cost savings
- Second and thirdhand smoke
- The legalities of adopting a smoke-free policy
- How smoke moves between apartment units
- The marketability for smoke-free housing
- “How To” tips for adopting and implementing a smoke-free policy
- Sample resident survey and letters
- Model smoke-free policy language (available in English, Spanish, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, and Vietnamese)
- Smoke-free policy promotional tools
- Minnesota Properties: Smoke-free building and property signage
Support and assistance:
- Consultations and presentations to apartment managers, owners, staff, Boards of Directors, and residents
- Step-by-step assistance from contemplation to enforcement
- Minnesota Properties: A listing on Minnesota’s Smoke-Free Housing Web Directory
To access these resources click here.
Information for Renters:
Live Smoke Free helps renters find solutions to secondhand smoke problems in their apartment. To access resources for residents, click here.
Information for Tobacco Control Professionals and Smoke-Free Housing Advocates:
Live Smoke Free has been working on smoke-free MUH for more than a decade. During that time, Live Smoke Free has gained valuable insight and lessons learned on how to create and sustain a smoke-free housing program.
Tools for Tobacco Control Professionals:
- 9-part webinar series on building and maintaining a smoke-free MUH program
- 215-page resource manual: Developing a Smoke-Free MUH Program
- Access to a global network of programs working on smoke-free MUH
To access these tools and other information, click here.