LIVE SMOKE FREE
Who We Are
Live Smoke Free is a non-profit program that promotes smoke-free policies in apartment buildings, condominiums, and other forms of housing. Live Smoke Free is a member of the Minnesota Multi-Housing Association (MHA) and a member of the Minnesota chapter of the National Association for Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO).
What We Do
Live Smoke Free educates buildings owners, managers, residents, tobacco control professionals, local policy makers, and housing industry professionals about the benefits of smoke-free housing. Live Smoke Free also provides assistance to buildings and management companies as they journey through the process of becoming smoke-free.
Who We Serve
Live Smoke Free and our partners can provide 100% FREE assistance to Minnesota property owners, managers, renters, and common interest communities (condos, townhomes, and cooperatives). Live Smoke Free can provide some free resources and assistance to out-of-state entities. *Nominal charges may apply.
Get In Touch!
Live Smoke Free
Association for Nonsmokers-MN
2395 University Avenue West, Suite 310
St. Paul, MN 55114-1512
What We Can Offer
Educational Resources on:
- Cost savings
- Second and thirdhand smoke
- The legalities of adopting a smoke-free policy
- How smoke moves between apartment units
- The marketability for smoke-free housing
- “How To” tips for adopting and implementing a smoke-free policy
- Sample resident survey and letters
- Model smoke-free policy language (available in English, Spanish, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, and Vietnamese)
- Smoke-free policy promotional tools
- Minnesota Properties: Smoke-free building and property signage
Support and assistance:
- Consultations and presentations to apartment managers, owners, staff, Boards of Directors, and residents
- Step-by-step assistance from contemplation to enforcement
- Minnesota Properties: A listing on Minnesota’s Smoke-Free Housing Web Directory
Information for Renters:
Live Smoke Free helps renters find solutions to secondhand smoke problems in their apartment.LEARN MORE
Information for Tobacco Control Professionals and Smoke-Free Housing Advocates:
Live Smoke Free has been working on smoke-free MUH for more than a decade. During that time, Live Smoke Free has gained valuable insight and lessons learned on how to create and sustain a smoke-free housing program.
Tools for Tobacco Control Professionals:
- 9-part webinar series on building and maintaining a smoke-free MUH program
- 215-page resource manual: Developing a Smoke-Free MUH Program
- Access to a global network of programs working on smoke-free MUH